BBQ1688 (”Company”) is committed to responsible gambling. The Company seeks to surpass mere compliance with applicable legislation and guidelines provided by the relevant regulatory authorities and continue to be a socially responsible remote gambling or online gaming operator.
Remote gambling or online gaming is a legitimate form of entertainment, fun and leisure that is experienced by millions of players worldwide. For most players, remote gambling or online gaming is an enjoyable experience. However, the reality must be accepted that a percentage of players engaging in remote gambling or online gaming might be unauthorized or might have a problem with gambling taking over their life and finances.
Being a socially responsible company means taking caring of all our players, and having a proactive approach about the problems that affect the community. This is why the Company has adopted and is fully committed to the strictest application and enforcement of the following policies:
Limiting Access by Non-Authorized Players
The Company strictly requires its new players to be at least twenty-one (21) years old and they should declare that they are of legal age in their respective foreign countries where they reside.
The Company likewise prohibits citizens of the Philippines, even if abroad, and individuals in countries which have laws prohibiting participation of their citizen in remote gambling or online gaming activities, and foreign nationals while within the Philippine territory, from accessing its products and services and participating in its remote gambling or online gaming activities.
The Company further pursues reasonable measures to verify this, should the Company has a suspicion of a false declaration or non-authorized player attempting to use its services. In this respect, if we have a suspicion to this extent, we reserve the right to suspend an account and request proof of identity and age from the player to verify compliance with this policy.
Furthermore, to ensure that non-authorized players do not gamble on the Company’s website, it requires the name, address, birth date, nationality, and such other information it may deem necessary to verify the identity of all its players upon sign up. All information that will be declared by the player must be truthful and accurate. The Company may also require its players to update their information from time to time.
The Company also ensures that all advertising, sponsorship and promotional activity is not targeted at individuals below twenty-one (21) years of age.
The Company does not allow anybody under the age of twenty-one (21) years of age to use its services. This policy is in faithful compliance and/or exceeds the requirements of the Rules and Regulations issued by the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (PAGCOR) that regulates and oversees the Company’s gambling operations.
The Company pledges to do all that it can, but it also needs your help:
- Use child protection software to block remote gambling or online gaming sites from computers minors might have access to.
- Do not leave the computer unattended when you are logged on to a remote gambling or online gaming site.
- Do not share your bank account details with minors.
- Do not leave any "Save Password" option enabled on any login screen.
- Create separate profiles for minors on computers so that when they log in they cannot access your information.
- If you know someone under the age of 21 (or the lawful age in their respective jurisdiction) who by mistake is registered with us as a player, please contact us immediately.
Controlling Compulsive Gambling or Problem Gambling
The Company is sensitive and will never tolerate Compulsive Gambling or Problem Gambling. Although we strive to provide optimal gaming experience to our players, but compulsive gamblers pose a big problem for their families, friends and to their personal lives.
Compulsive Gambling or Problem Gambling is an urge to continuously gamble despite harmful negative consequences or a desire to stop. It is likewise defined as a gambling behavior which causes disruption on any major area of life: psychological, physical, social or vocational. The term “Problem Gambling” includes, but is not limited to, the condition known as “Pathological” or “Compulsive” Gambling which is a progressive addiction characterized by increasing preoccupation with gambling, a need to bet more money frequently, restless or irritability when attempting to stop, “chasing” losses, and loss of control manifested by continuation of the gambling behavior in spite of mounting, serious and negative consequences.
With this is mind, the Company is committed to detecting and reducing Compulsive Gambling or Problem Gambling, for it neither benefits the Company nor the player. The Company shall continuously strive to have a safe and fun gaming environment, by utilizing a monitoring system that will track player’s gaming activities and shall constantly work to design and enforce effective control measures to limit gambling patterns that are out of control.
The Company will not only undertake to effectively identify its player who are compulsive or problem gamblers, but will also lend assistance to help them address their gambling problem.
In order to help you keep control, we would like you to remember the following:
- Gambling should be seen as a form of entertainment, fun and leisure; look at it as if you are paying for entertainment so do not overpay for the same;
- Gambling should NOT be seen as a genuine way of making money nor a means to solve financial problems;
- Avoid chasing losses;
- Only gamble what you can afford to lose;
- Keep track of the time and amount of money you spend in gambling;
- If you need help, use the deposit limits and time limits to control the amount you can spend;
- If you need to take a break from gambling, contact us for a self-exclusion or suspension account.
The Company follows the guidelines of institutions dedicated to addressing the social impact of gambling. To help players gamble responsibly, it commits to work with these institutions to develop responsible policies and practices.
In addition, the Company encourages the following:
Company-led bet limit:
By setting a bet limit policy, the Company tries to limit the players’ exposure and assist them in controlling the amount played with us within a specific timeframe.
Player-led bet limit:
Setting a bet limit is simple and allows you to control the amount you gamble through your account within a specific timeframe. Set your bet limit policy before you start playing with us by contacting us.
For your own protection, you can request self-exclusion or a suspension for a specific period of time. This means that you will not be able to log on to our website during a cooling-off period you have specified. As soon as the self-exclusion period has ended, you will automatically be able to log in again.
Know When to Quit
Remote gambling is a form of entertainment, fun and leisure, and it is essential for players to understand that if gambling has placed a burden on your life either financially or emotionally, the Company suggests you ask yourself the following questions:
- Did you ever lose time from work or education due to gambling?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Did gambling affect your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after gambling?
- Did you ever gamble to get money with which to pay debts or otherwise solve financial difficulties?
- Did gambling cause a decrease in your ambition or efficiency?
- After a loss, did you feel you needed to return as soon as possible and win back your losses?
- After a win, did you have a strong urge to return and win more?
- Did you ever gamble until your last dollar was gone?
- Did you ever borrow to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold anything to finance gambling?
- Were you reluctant to use "gambling money" for normal expenditures?
- Did gambling make you careless of the welfare of yourself or your family?
- Did you ever gamble longer than you had planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape worry or trouble?
- Have you ever committed, or considered committing, an illegal act to finance gambling?
- Did gambling cause you to have difficulty in sleeping?
- Do arguments, disappointments or frustrations create within you an urge to gamble?
- Did you ever have an urge to celebrate any good fortune with a few hours of gambling?
- Have you ever considered self-destruction or suicide as a result of your gambling?
Most compulsive or problem gamblers will answer “Yes” to at least seven (7) of the above questions. Therefore, if you would like to seek professional advice, please seek help.